The Sacraments and
Requirements for Baptism and Matrimony/Marriage
- Twice monthly, normally one Saturday and one Sunday at 1:00 pm
- Please check dates with the Parish Office – telephone 01 4524702
- Both parents need to attend a Baptism Preparation Meeting to confirm the Baptism of their child.
- For the date and time of the Baptism Preparation Meetings, please check with the Parish Office.
- Please give at least four weeks notice through the Parish Office.
Please download the pdf document above, and complete and return it to:
Dublin D24 N5WC
Sacrament of Reconciliation – Confession
Saturday after 10.00 a.m. Mass; and 5.30 pm – 5.50 pm (Before 6 p.m. Vigil Mass) by request.
Sacrament of Matrimony/Marriage
It is important that you contact the Priest of your Parish of Residence (where you are living at present) at the same time you are booking the Church and reception venue for your Marriage.
- This must be done whether the wedding is in Ireland or abroad.
- This begins the Pre-Nuptial Enquiry Forms, to ensure you are free to celebrate Marriage in the Roman Catholic Church.
- At the latest, please give Six Months notice.
- This is irrespective of what Church the wedding will be taking place in. Independently, you need to make contact with the Civil Registrar of Marriages.
Marriage Preparation Course
It is essential that you partake in a Marriage Preparation Course, and booking a Marriage Preparation Course should happen at the same time as Booking the Church for your Wedding Day.
We, at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church Parish of Firhouse, recommend:
- Accord at 01 4784400 or www.accord.ie
- Together – Catholic Pre-Marriage Course at 01 2964257 or www.together.ie
A copy of the Certificate of Attendance will need to be included with your Pre-Nuptial Enquiry Forms.
Celebration of the Eucharist – Mass
To see Mass Times for Sundays, Weekdays and Holy Days please click here.
First Friday Visits to the Housebound
Holy Communion is brought to our ill or housebound parishioners normally on the First Friday of every month. If you, or someone you know, would like a First Friday visit, please let us know by contacting the Parish Office at: 01 4524702 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Live Streaming of Mass
Mass is live streamed for anyone who wishes to tune in from their homes. Although our suppliers have the camera focused on the Sanctuary, please be aware that you may be on camera from time to time.
Please note Mass will only be streamed at Mass time. Click here to join Mass live. We hope you enjoy the stream!
Please note, our Live Mass streaming link has changed to: